In recent times, quality assurance and application lifecycle management have gained centre stage owing to events like the debacle in the roll out of the healthcare.gov website in the United States. Earlier quality assurance was perceived to be a function akin to that of an auditor but now it is treated as a tool of competitive advantage. It can bring about significant benefits and roll out better quality products with fewer bugs offering users a better experience. In fact, Quality assurance and application lifecycle maintenance are one of the key elements in all kinds of enterprise resource planning initiatives and subsequent upgrades.
What Exactly are Test Case Management Tools?
Test case management tools are used to save information about how testing is to be done, plan testing activities and report the status of quality assurance activities. Most of these test management tools are used to maintain and plan manual testing. With the help of these tools, QA professionals can gather execution data from automated tests streamline the testing process and allow quick access to data analysis, collaborative tools and communication across multiple project teams.
And What About Bug Tracking System?
If you are planning to use a bug tracking tool, then it will surely improve the outcome of your efforts as the web application will be tested thoroughly for all possible vulnerabilities on time and within budget. Bug tracking software proves incredibly useful in checking the quality of mobile apps and mobile testing space has got a shot in the arm with these tools.
Positive Trends in the Quality Assurance Market
- Companies are now embracing early life cycle validation to drive down costs and improve time-to-market
- Increasing Adoption of Test Lifecycle Management, Testing Metrics and Automation Solutions to Improve Overall Testing Processes
- Increased Domain-based Testing
- Development of Non-functional Testing Solutions Aimed at Enhancing the Customer Experience
- Emergence of Testing Frameworks for Newer Technologies
- Increased focus on ERP Testing and upgrades
Apart from the above trends in the quality assurance market, there is a marked change in the kind of methodologies that are being used in the quality testing industry across the globe:
* Model-based testing
* Early involvement and life cycle testing
* Risk-based testing
* Risk-based security testing
* Predictive performance modeling
Target Audience of QA Testing technologies
We all know that ERP is technology number one. And vendors offering ERP packages require high involvement of quality assurance professionals as the entire data of an organization is at risk if there are any bugs that are not fixed early.
Product software companies that are planning to release new products in the market also require the help of quality testing professionals and QA technologies that have surfaced in the market. Organizations involved in maintenance of the developed code also need help in this area to fix bugs, trace security issues and deliver a flawless application to their customers.
Future challenges facing QA vendors
- Evolution of complex and large software packages
- Integration with external components and interfaces
- The need to deliver bug free software quickly
Some Quality Assurance companies in the world
1) InformUp (http://www.informup.com)
2) IBM (http://www.ibm.com/)
3) Wipro (http://www.wipro.com/)
4) Cognizant (http://www.cognizant.com/)
5) HP (http://www.hp.com/)
6) Infosys (http://www.infosys.com/)